Choosing the best smart lock door to boost your home security, is not an easy task. There are a lot of things to consider. Fortunately, there is a detailed smart door lock buying guide that you can read now.
The demand for smart lock doors has increased recently – a sign that more and more homeowners and business owners find advantages of installing one.
Two of the most popular smart door locks in the market today are Schlage and Kwikset; and choosing between the two best options is quite confusing. So, whether you are having a dilemma choosing between Schlage vs Kwikset or you just can’t figure out how to choose one, here is some useful information that you need to know when buying a smart lock for your home.
How does smart lock works?
Smart locks are electromechanical locks. It uses electric and mechanical movements to make the lock work. Unlike the traditional lock, most of the smart locks are keyless. To make a keyless deadbolt lock operate (lock or unlock), you have to use a special key fob or a smartphone. However, there are smart door locks that allow you to use a physical key.
Since smart locks work wirelessly, through Bluetooth, you can gain access to home devices such as Alexa, Google Assistant, and more.
How to choose the best smart lock?
There are a lot of considerations when purchasing and installing a smart lock; here are a few of them:
- Check the dimension of your door and look for a smart door lock that will fit the door’s dimension. Although most of the smart door locks are designed with a universal fit, you need to remember that the universal fit does not apply to all doors today.
- Are you going to replace your current deadbolt or keep it? If you are planning to keep the current deadbolt, you need a ‘retrofit’ lock. Retrofit locks are smart locks that allow you to use your current deadbolt by installing the lock over an existing deadbolt. But you can replace the existing ones with a newer version.
- Look for a smart door lock that offers remote monitoring and real-time notifications about entries and possible break-ins.
- Choose a smart lock with a longer battery life.
- Choose a smart lock with strong and sturdy deadbolts.
- Look for a smart door lock that allows you to lock and unlock the door remotely. Also, it must have different locking options.
- Easy to install.
Are there potential drawbacks of using a smart door lock?
Like many other modern devices, smart door locks are not perfect too. There are issues that you may encounter here and there, even if you are using one of the best options there.
However, above all, smart door locks are a good addition to your current security. Additionally, using a keyless smart door lock is more convenient than fumbling through your sea of keys.
If you need additional details about smart door locks you may try to visit the Key Lock Guide website today.