Everybody loves sugar. It is just about everywhere you go. You put it in your coffee, your cereal, and just about every dessert imaginable. But one thing most people do not consider is how healthy sugar is for you. Too much sugar can be a bad thing especially for people who suffer from diabetes. Is brown sugar a better option for you? Keep reading to learn more about these two different types of sugar and which one is better for you.
The Healthier Choice
Do you find yourself paying more for brown sugar than the “regular” white sugar? Have you ever wondered which is healthier for you? In order to answer, let’s explain how sugar is manufactured. Yes, although it comes from sugar canes or beets, sugar does go through quite a bit of processing before we see it in its final form on supermarket shelves. You may want to start counting those calories before you choose.
What you need to know:
The raw materials utilized are either sugar cane stalks or sugar beet (a root). Let’s talk sugar cane today:
- After the sugar cane stalks are harvested, they are chopped into small pieces
- The stalk pieces are pulverized in order to release the sugary cane juice.
- The juice usually has some impurities in it such as mud, pieces of stalk and other stuff, so it is filtered using both mechanical and chemical processes (using polyacrylamides).
- The purified liquid is boiled until the water evaporates.
- The remaining “juice” is heated once again and the sugar begins to crystallize. A side product that is left over is called mother liquor (it is the source of molasses)
- A centrifuge is used to separate individual sugar crystals.
Conair Smart Stick Immersion Blender
If you want to make great smoothies without a bulky blender, the Conair Smart Stick is a great option for you. It has a number of great features that make it easy to come up with new smoothie creations.
You will find blending easier than ever with this Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender. Pick it up to blend cold drinks, hot soups, and crêpe batter – right in the pitcher, pot or bowl. It’s comfortable to hold, easy to use, and the blending shaft and beaker are dishwasher-safe. Enjoy!
This Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender is designed to handle a variety of basic tasks. Elegant brushed chrome or a variety of bold colors houses a powerful motor, and the handy “stick” design lets you blend in a pot, bowl, or pitcher. With two speeds, you can handle all your food prep tasks on high or low. Operation is easy and cleanup is quick.
- 2 speeds (low and high) for all your blending tasks
- Stick design reaches into pots, pitchers and bowls to extend blending options
- Ergonomically designed grip offers comfortable hold and more control while blending
- Operates with a one-touch control for easy, one-touch blending
- Dishwasher-safe blending shaft and beaker make cleanup effortless