The common things that come to people’s minds when they think of ergonomics are chairs and desks. What about an ergonomic mouse? As little as your computer mouse is. It’s the one thing that you use most if you sit behind a computer all day.
Ergonomic mice are highly gaining popularity, not only because of their ability to provide comfort. But their capability of preventing repetitive strain injury. Picking the right ergonomic mouse can be challenging. We’ve therefore compiled a list of top five ergonomic mice in the market. Read some more about ergonomic mice here.
The Logitech MX Ergo Advanced
It has a well-shaped design with a tilt feature that makes it one of the most comfortable mouse. It’s also wireless and allows you to tilt it up to 20 degrees till you find a suitable position. The soft rubber coating gives it a smooth feel. It weighs 5.8 ounces and allows Bluetooth connectivity. The mouse also features a trackball that you can easily navigate with your thumb. The trackball enables you to the move the cursor comfortably without having to move the mouse physically.
- The tilt feature prevents wrist twisting.
- The trackball makes navigation easy.
- You can connect it to several devices, thanks to Bluetooth connectivity.
- ConsGetting used to navigate the cursor with the trackball is a bit challenging for beginners.
The Jelly Comb Wireless Vertical Mouse
The mouse has a vertical design that enables you to wrap your hands around it fully. There’s no wrist twisting when using it. Making it one of the best ergonomic mice. The scroll wheel at the top, the back and forward page buttons strategically placed on the thumbs rest area make navigation easy. It’s also wireless. Therefore there’s no cable to confine you to a particular posture. The Jelly Comb vertical mouse also has 800/1200/1600 DPI sensitivity modes.
- Ideal for people with average and small sized hands.
- You can tailor the sensitivity and select one among the three DPI sensitivity modes.
- It’s wireless.
- It isn’t entirely compatible with Mac OS.
The 3M Wired Ergonomic Optical Mouse
The 3M Wired Ergonomic Optical Mouse is suitable if you are already suffering from wrist pain. The design enables users to grip the handle while their hand comfortably rests on the base. It’s made just like a standard mouse only that you can easily right or left click with your thumb. The good thing with this mouse is that it comes in two sizes. And you can pick the one that comfortably fits your hand.
- Suitable for those suffering from wrist pain
- It has a long cable.
- It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows.
The Razer DeathAdder Chroma
The product from Razer which is famous for making excellent PC games is one of the best gaming mice. It has rubbers on the side that gives the mouse a firm grip. The front part is conically shaped to support your palm comfortably. It features an extra set of two programmable buttons and a scroll wheel on the left side.
- You can easily tailor the pointer speed and sensor sensitivity.
- It’s very comfortable.
- It minimizes fatigue.
- Razer has not yet made a left-handed version of the mouse.
The Evoluent Vertical Mouse
Its three inches tall you can therefore comfortably use it in a handshake position. The mouse is well built and features five programmable buttons that you can access easily. You can also adjust the buttons to execute different programs. The body of the mouse is made of matte black rubber.
- It has an excellent ergonomic design.
- It doesn’t require the installation of drivers. Plug and begin using it.
- Allows DPI customization.
- Requires regular cleaning because the material covering the mouse seems to attract dust.
The above mice will provide you with the comfort that you require. Other than that, they also have additional features that outshine the standard mouse. It’s high time you embrace the use of ergonomic mice especially if you spend lots of time on your computer.